Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Stranger in me - Poem

I feel like a stranger in me.

I feel like a stranger in me.

Every time I look at the mirror, I find myself missing.

This guy lives within me

I don’t know him but he seems troubled.

He seems absconding from the world

Trying to hide in me.

I have not seen myself for a while

I have not smiled the old way since long.

My heart no longer beats for me

The world is alien to my eyes.

My senses have betrayed me more than once.

Life seems like a prolonged death

Joy is just like a façade of fears

Eyes shine but of tears.

I don’t know how and where

But I have lost myself.

When in the bright light, I lost my shadow.

My name sounds familiar but not the same.

I look but can not see

I touch but can not feel

I walk but do not move

I understand but never get it

I never get what I want but

I never know what I want

My mind plays tricks on me.

I am my own toy.

It’s been a long time since I met myself

On a windy night under the lamp on the post

We spoke long with no words to say

My absence is always present now

I feel like a stranger in me.

We used to be friends of the good breed

And I never betrayed before of this kind.


I feel like a stranger in me.


Copyright 2009 @ Sakyamuni- Speaks

1 comment:

shyvirus said...

Lovely ..... I am deeply touched :)